The Truth About Video Marketing
Video marketing represents one of the most effective methods of outreach and traffic generation, yet most companies steer clear of the idea. Why? Because video marketing seems like a highly intricate, complex task requiring specialized team members, new resources, ample time, and perhaps even actors or props.
The truth: video marketing is as simple as you make it!
Even with a limited budget, a company can produce a customized visual campaign for promoting products and services. Start with the tips below.
5 Video Marketing Tips
Ready to design your video marketing masterpiece? Great! Here are 5 tips to get you started on the right track:
1. Equipment Can be Free – One of the easiest tools to shoot video already sits in your pocket or on your desk. Believe it or not, your smartphone can take quality video clips. Upload the clips and find a free video splicing app online. Some even allow you to add text, music, etc. Spend a little time researching the best option and playing with it.
2. Consider the Best Host – If you’re new to video marketing, the best place to start is YouTube. In fact, it’s the #1 video sharing site. And being operated by Google means that your video has the potential to rank high if keywords are correctly done. Just be sure to post from your designated company channel. If you don’t have a channel, it’s easy and free to create. Incorporate colors, logos, and descriptions that are in-line with your brand. You may also choose to link to the video from your website
3. Titles are Vital – Titles play two roles in video marketing. One, they attract new visitors. And two, they help with the video’s ranking for greater traffic funneling. A title should be descriptive, creative, and include a keyword near the front. Many companies also choose to include the company name after a dash.
4. Transcribe Your Video – YouTube allows transcription files for greater accessibility. A transcribed video may also carry pieces of the transcription in the video description for better ranking. And finally, video transcriptions are sometimes great launching points for a blog. Don’t forget to include your call-to-action.
5. Link to Your Website – A visitor to your marketing video may want to know more about your product or service. Without a link to your website, the visitor interest cannot be translated into customer service. It can mean a serious loss in potential revenue. In addition to the link, also include an email address or other point of contact in case the site is down or the link becomes broken.
Video Marketing Made Easy
The above tips may seem easy to some and difficult to others. If words like “SEO ranking” and “traffic” don’t make sense, allow OnPoint to help. OnPoint Marketing has a large and diverse client portfolio, and we cater to many unique marketing needs. If you’d like to hear more about how we can use video marketing and other services to your advantage, call us at (916) 293-0512.