When it comes to marketing your business online, there are a few basics to consider. You will need to make decisions about how to portray yourself, where you want your brand listed and how you want people to hear about you. In order to understand your options, you’ll need to understand the types of digital marketing available.
Types of Digital Marketing
There are few different areas of internet marketing that you may want to consider deploying for your business.
- Paid Advertising
- Email Marketing
- Social Media
- Affiliate Marketing
- SEO or Search Engine Optimization
- Local marketing
Each type of marketing listed above is ideal for different purposes. Typically you would want to have a good overall mix fitting your brand needs. Let’s explore each area in more detail.
Website SEO is the Art of making small adjustments your website to ensure you show up in search engines when people are searching for certain words. For example, if you sell pet food, you would want your website to show up if someone were to type in “pet food stores”. There are both technical and creative elements of a good SEO strategy.
First, you have to make sure your site is functioning well from a technical perspective. Search engines such as Google want to make sure you are a useful website that will provide visitors with a good experience. For this reason, they give sites with good overall technical structure preference in search engines. Additionally, search engines are looking for sites with content matching what users are searching.
It is important to create carefully worded, and useful information for your website because you want search engines to view your site as valuable. Additionally, providing good content is a great way to increase links to your website from other websites. Links from reputable sites are another factor search engines consider when evaluating your site for inclusion in search results.
1. Paid Advertising is paid placement on a website, blog and search engine. Banner advertisements and Google ads are the most commonly recognized forms of paid digital advertising. There is a wide variety of options for paid placement online. The foundation of this strategy is to make sure that your product or service is showing up when people are visiting websites or pages indicating they may have an interest in what you sell. For example, if you sell pet food, you may want an ad for your website to show up on a blog post talking about how to choose pet food. When someone clicked on your ad, it would take them directly to a page where they could purchase your products.
2. Email marketing is collecting email addresses with the intention of sending useful information to your followers in the future. Typically emails are collected for a mailing list or when a user enters it into a form on your website. You can then send things such as newsletters full of helpful information, updates about your company or even the occasional advertisement for a product or service. Keeping your emails fresh, informative and timely is the key to ensuring a healthy email marketing list.
It is important to always use permission-based email marketing when reaching out to your email list. Permission-based marketing means the user has made the decision to receive your email. Buying email lists is something we strongly recommend avoiding.
3. Social Media is everywhere these days, but did you know you can effectively use it to market your business? First and foremost you must remember that local social media in Sacramento is meant to be social. You should be interacting with your followers by asking them questions, responding to their contributions to your social networks and responding to any of their questions. Next, you want to make sure you create informative and engaging content. People will only want to connect with you if you have something interesting to offer them. Social media is a great way to position your brand, grow your audience and improve your brand image online.
4. Affiliate Marketing is a form of marketing where you earn commission for selling products for other companies. Affiliate marketing is a very common form of marketing for bloggers. Typically bloggers are drawing in the audiences with their free and informative content. They then sell related products and services on their website. An example of this would be a food blogger who writes a lot of content about various recipes. They could then sell products such as kitchen utensils on their site. Each time they sold one, they are paid a commission.
Of course we’ve barely just scratched the surface of Sacramento web marketing, but hopefully you have a better idea as to your options for marketing your business online. If you need help, be sure to reach out to the experts at OnPoint Internet Marketing.
If you liked this post be sire to read Social Media for Business